Anesthesia Associates of Medford, PC (AAM) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of our patients. As such, we are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of each patient’s medical and financial records consistent with state and federal laws. The following sets forth our policies regarding our use and protection of your medical and financial information.
During the course of business we may collect non-public personal information about you from several sources including, but not limited to:
- Information we receive from you on pre-anesthesia forms and interviews, telephone conversations and correspondence, financial hardship forms, etc.
- Information we receive from your family members and/or caretakers.
- Information we receive from surgical facilities, surgeons, other physicians and other medical providers.
- Information from your insurance company(s).
- Information we receive from collection or consumer credit counseling agencies.
Generally we may share all information we collect about you as described above with other healthcare providers. We may also share such information with other parties if:
- you request or authorize it;
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you;
- the information is provided to a consumer reporting agency in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; or
- the disclosure is otherwise lawfully required or permitted.
Also, we may enter into agreements with other businesses to provide support or services to us, such as collection agencies, mailing services, cleaning services, etc. We require such entities to agree to safeguard our patient’s information and to comply with applicable privacy laws. Furthermore, we may disclose non-public personal information about you to other third parties not described above as permitted by law.
You may request that we restrict information we share. Please state in writing the information you wish to restrict. For additional information call 541-773-7273.